Apr 15, 2010

Taking that risk....


Thoughts from "Beast" 

When I stop and look at the life I’ve lived, it already amazes me. I’ve seen beauty, adventure, freedom, and experienced moments that would take any ones breath away. I’m living life exactly how I pictured it and for that, I am truly thankful. I am living my dream.

      It’s amazing how different Reality and Dreams are. They are completely opposite worlds. Reality can get you by one day at a time, but it is your Dreams that push you out and beyond. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always had that one dream.  As I grew up, it appeared even more. It never stopped. It came to life when I moved to Toronto two years ago. That dream was Dance.

      I believe in life that you should never settle for anything less of what you want. A back up plan is safe but is it what you desired? Another path is convenient but is it where you wanted to be? The answer is up to you. I live life knowing that it is not a dress rehearsal.  You only have one shot to live life exactly how you imagined it. Taking the safe way isn’t satisfying when you know there is something else out there your heart is reaching for.

I have a Ferocious Desire for performing.  My mind, body, and soul screamed for it and although there were risks, I listened.  At this moment in time, I can fully say that taking that risk was the best decision of my life.

Dance is and always will be that dream that takes me to the places in my life where I see beauty, adventure, and freedom.  Like the burning heat of the fire, my flame will never settle for nothing less than what I truly desire.  It is who I was then, who I am now, and exactly who I will be in the future. I will never stop.  That's me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment